Home > Accounting > Registered office

Registered office services

We have long offered the full range of Registered Office, Company Secretarial and Mailbox services to all our clients, and now we are making it available to the wider public.

Only companies registered in Scotland can have a Registered Office in Scotland, and we understand that many people like to open Scottish offices to give them a wider UK coverage.  In addition, many companies need a service base in Scotland to give them a ‘local’ mailing address.

Conversely, we can also register and provide a Registered Office in England for companies registered South of the border, and we are acutely aware of – and have fully planned for – any changes in the tax regimes between Scotland and England.

Others just want someone who can take responsibility for filing all the legal paperwork and managing the legal aspects of their business.

Nicolson Accountancy can do all of these for you.

As the Registered Office we will take responsibility for filing your Annual Return on time every year, as part of the overall cost.

We can deal with limited companies, limited by guarantee, charitable companies and limited liability companies.


Our fees vary depending upon the extent of the services you require.

The basic Registered Office services cost £200 per annum, which includes the basic company secretarial functions – change of director, maintenance of the share register etc. – as well as the Annual Return.

For more complex services, we can either agree a fixed annual fee, or an hourly charge for work done.

Please note that requests to host Scottish Limited partnerships (with non resident members) which we have not formed will almost certainly be refused.

We have taken over the entire Company Secretarial function for major companies at a fraction of what they were being charged by city solicitors.

Either way, you get a quality service at a reasonable price.

Registered office services include completing these formsAnnual Returns

Our electronic diary system means that we will be reminded to file your Annual Return each anniversary, and we will file and pay the fee on your behalf. We’ll recharge the fee to you at a later date.

All we ask from you – other than the authentication code which gives us continuing authority – is that you let us know 30 days before the Annual Return date of any changes, or if you don’t want us to file on your behalf, otherwise we will file and you will be liable for the filing fee.


The information provided is for general information purposes only.

Legislation and details may have changed since this was written.  The text may not include all matters that are relevant to your individual situation.

You should not make decisions, or refrain from making decisions, without taking further professional advice about your specific circumstances.

Achievements unlocked

Trinity House
31 Lynedoch St.
G3 6EF

71 King Street

49-50 Bayhead

Main switchboard: +44 (0)141 237 3878

Website by Haiwyre